Mark it down
I dig Movable Type, use it for my business, and evangelize it. However, one of the things I don't dig so much, is the posting process:
- Write in BBEdit.
- Log into MT, paste the post, preview.
- Switch back to BBEdit for revisions.
- Repeat until done.
Last week, Daring Fireball released Markdown. I read through the lengthy introduction, was daunted by learning a new syntax, but decided to give it a go. This post is written with Markdown. ok. cool. That eliminated several posting steps.
A few issues I've found:
- Not able to add a target="_blank" on links.
- Not able to have more than one link on the same line.
- I like visual interfaces.
Markdown is certainly more productive. After switching to BBEdit, nearly full-time, I've abandoned Dreamweaver except for quick layouts or tables. I'm just more efficient in code with templates. I do wonder where the visual interfaces to MovableType are? By that I mean a visual app that connects to an MT post.
other posts tagged: